Monday 2 September 2013

OPERATION: STEAM KNIGHTS (OSK120418) - X213 Sagitarix LDD

Even though this is a continuation of the X series piloted exo-frames, I'm going to move it over to the medieval universe theme as I feel the knight look fits that theme better. As a result I'm modifying the back story and description slightly. Name: Sir Sagitarix (the white knight) Role: Ruler of the low lands and knight to Emperor Rex Motto: With a lance in my hand and a wind at my back, no evil will escape me. History: Saqitarix is among the emperor's most loyal and trustworthy allies. The farms of the low lands have enjoyed his protection since he was a mere boy. His sword and his lance have frequently come to the aid of his people and the country as a whole. In battle he wears the mystic centaur armour, forged in the days of the old world by elves and dwarfs and powered by magic from the noblest of mages. His left arm sports a shield which can deploy twin claw like short swords for close quarter battle, while he also wields a jousting lance in his right. The lance can be empowered by magic to shatter stone and steel. His arch enemy is the twisted sorcerer Malifos, who seeks to steal the mystic armour and turn its magic to evil. Ok I keep changing the name for this, anyone who is aware of my deviantart.com or cuusoo accounts, will probably have seen this guy called other things, but it's essentially the same model. There is however a slight error, when I redesigned the main body I didn't take into account how the 3x1 slope was attached to the main body, as a result is is actually "floating" over his back and isn't attached in any of the above shots. [slaps wrist] There is also a glitch in the placing of the t-bars for the hips and shoulders, so when I go back into the design to modify it, the limbs detach?! The knights theme was organically arrived out of the centaur concept. But I'm getting deja vu as I did exactly the same with my cyberagents as they progressed from knights, to centaurs and then angels.... interestingly my next project is to make an airborne variant, though I am still brainstorming Ride-Suit ideas. No ranged weapons this time, I know some people hate mecha that are purely melee based, but I couldn't work out how to add weapons that would fit the centaur design. Any suggestions welcome as Centrix will eventually get a mod or two. EDIT: Version with the issues described above fixed Related Projects: Wizard of the Green / Wizard of the Green LDD Wise Man / Wise Man's Medieval Mecha LDD Thief / Bandit of the Woods LDD Delux Bone Mecha / Bone Mecha version 3 ldd Centrix / X213 Sagitarix LDD Lady Kay / X369 Lady Karolyn LDD

No comments:

Post a Comment